WINDOWS 95/98/ME/XP - DVD STYLE BOX
Since the discovery of the Guide Stone 100 years ago deep in the equatorial sand of our planet, Kharak, our very origins have come into question. Now, after years of technological advancement and careful study, there is one inescapable revelation: We do not belong here. From that moment of discovery on, we have dedicated ourselves to one goal - returning home.
- Engage in 16 single-player missions or play on-line with up to seven others
- Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each combat group
- Utilize advanced research to construct 54 ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers
- Completely customize your game from fuel consumption to color schemes
- Explore super detailed galactic regions from asteroid fields to nebulae
- Detailed weapons systems including: ion cannons, guided missiles, and space mines
Your Past Is a Lie, Your Futures Is in Jeopardy, and You're 35,000 Light Years from Home
Kharak, a barren wasteland orbiting an insignificant star, has been our home for ages. It is a planet as old as our memory.
But recent genetic research suggests that we are different from all other forms of life on Kharak. Then came the discovery: an ancient tablet long hidden in the Great Banded Desert, buried within the wreckage of a half-destroyed spacecraft. We must now acknowledge the inescapable truth - we are aliens to this world.
This ancient rune set our civilization on a path leading straight into the heart of the galaxy. Construction began 60 years ago on the giant Mothership that will carry thousands of our race into the unknown. In the depths of space, our enemies await our return. The journey begins now…
- Command the smallest scout ship or your entire Armada in real-time combat for pinpoint strategic control
- Harvest resources from the depths of space, or try to salvage the wreckage of derelict and enemy vessels to add to your might
- Choose from multiple formations and attack tactics as you send your Armada into battle. Understanding the strengths - weaknesses - of each ship class is critical to crushing marauders in your path.
- Prepare to adjust your strategy as you navigate your Armada through an infinite 3D battlefield where the enemy can attack from any point in space.
- Unparalleled ship detail and intense artificial intelligence bring each dogfight to life, as turrets track their targets independently and pilots adjust their flight tactics mid-battle.
- A range of vessels - from the offensive might of the Heavy Cruiser to the stealth technology of the Cloak Generator - is at your disposal as you journey to the heart of the galaxy.
- Windows 95/98/Me/XP:
- Pentium II 233
- 32MB RAM
- 100MB HD space (plus 50MB permanent swapfile)
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- 4MB PCI video card (16 bit color, DirectX compatible)
- 16 bit DirectX compatible soundcard
- Win-compatible mouse
Preferred System Requirements:
- Pentium II 350+,
- 64MB RAM,
- 400MB HD space (for full installation),
- 12MB+ 3D accelerated video card,
- Win-compatible mouse with mouse wheel.
- 32 bit Internet Service Provider
- 28.8+ kbps modem or LAN.